Information collected through this process is used only for the production of a personalized document. No information about you or your computer is retained, nor is it distributed to a third party.
- Enter your name;
- Select whether you were baptised as a child (someone else's decision) or as an adult (your decision);
- Click on "Generate";
- Using the print function, set your printer on either Landscape Mode or on resize to print (depending on your printer and system, this may appear on the main printer dialogue, or you may have to go into the printer properties menu);
- Print as many copies as you need;
- Sign the document and have it witnessed;
- Frame one copy and hang on the wall, distribute other copies as you consider necessary.
Possible uses for copies of
-a copy framed and hung on wall
-a copy with your request for funeral arrangements, perhaps attached to a request specifying a secular ceremony
-a copy sent to the church where you were baptised with a request that you be removed from baptismal records
- a copy sent to your godparents along with a polite letter thanking them for their support and advising them that you now have assumed full personal responsibilty for your spiritual path
- Witnessing is important. Your witness does not have to agree with what you are doing, but simply confirm that he or she has seen you sign the document. While you do not have to "out" yourself to everyone you know, letting this one person know validates that you are doing something you take seriously.
PHP programming courtesy David Della Vecchia